This isn’t your everyday Terms of Service.
We’re innovative community. Please read this thoroughly and keep it. It will answer most of your questions.
I/O Spaces, LLC: The Members are the people, coworkers, groups and community. The Space is the building located at 8222 Georgia Avenue.
We are a gathering of people finding a way to work better together, focusing on innovation and community.
The members of I/O Spaces share a fundamental desire to live and work flexibly, be social, help one another and welcome everyone into the community.
How to Input into Our Community:
- Be yearning for interaction.
- Be willing to introduce yourself, make friends and help.
- Be ready to participate in impromptu and planned events.
- Be eager to help everyone feel proud of our space and the people in it.
- Be prepared for serendipity.
Your Responsibilities (I/O Spaces RULES! 😉
I/O Spaces is quite different from your average working environment. We’re not a 24/7 serviced or fully staffed office, and the following things help us keep our space accessible. In order to keep things ticking nicely, here are some essentials we ask everyone to be mindful of when using the space.
- You understand that all amenities provided by I/O Spaces, including but not limited to opening hours,
availability of a particular working area, coffee, use of the printer, or availability of the Internet are to be deemed
as additional privileges of membership and are subject to change without notice.
- You understand that your use of The Space may on occasion be disrupted. This may include, but is not limited to:
(i) the offering of events or Services on the premises that are not included in the standard membership and that may
require additional fees to attend or use, and (ii) the need to move to another work area and under rare circumstances
to vacate the premises entirely. I understand that I/O Spaces will do its best to announce to the member community
in advance of any known changes or disruptions to member access to The Space or to the use of Services.
- Bring problems with plumbing, electrical, HVAC, roof, flooding, broken keypads, natural disasters, etc. to the attention of a staff member.
- Never give out I/O Spaces Access Cards to anyone.
- Learn how to reset the Internet Wireless router and use this as a first defense against an internet outage.
- Pay your membership dues within 5 days of receiving your monthly invoice. I/O Spaces will not chase you down. Put it in your calendar.
- Engage in meaningful greetings. Pop in and out of all areas and offices to connect with one another.
- Equipment and professional liability is your own responsibility (our insurance can’t cover it). Ask your insurance provider for “renter’s insurance.”
- Cleaning up after yourself, washing your dishes and tidying up is everyone’s responsibility. We work together to maintain a space we feel proud of.
- Leave the spaces as you found them, or in better shape. (This includes cleaning up after your guests.)
- I/O Spaces is dog-friendly for polite and well-behaved pups only. See the Canine Membership addendum below.
- Anyone who behaves in a manner that is destructive to the Space or the Members may be asked to leave. If anyone in our Space makes you feel uncomfortable, bring it to a community manager’s attention right away.
- Be responsible and respectful with your internet usage. No bit-torrent, porn or illegal activities. Respect other people’s privacy, confidentiality, safety, property and data. If the law comes looking for you, we will give you up immediately.
- The last member out of each space is responsible for closing doors, shutting off lights and firmly closing all keycard-equipped doors.
- A bike rack is located in the lobby area next to the stairs.
- If you can’t use all of your allotted coworking days in a week, those days can be used within your invoice month but do not carry over to the next month.
- I/O Spaces members will usually sign for other members’ packages, but it isn’t guaranteed. Plan accordingly.
Your Needs and Rights
All I/O Spaces memberships include access to the community and its resources, with only a couple of specific exceptions.
All memberships include:
Exceptions for Dedicated Desk and Private Office Members
- A productive, enjoyable place to work Business Hours or 24/7 per your level of membership.
- Internet, desks, power and coffee.
- An invitation to participate in the members-only discussion group.
- Participation in social and learning events.
- An incredible community of smart, friendly and helpful coworkers from all over Fort Collins and beyond.
- Free Night Coworking is included with any membership (takes place every Thursday from 5pm–midnight).
- Opportunities to host events of your own, including classes and workshops.
- The use of our drop-in and reservable conference rooms and gathering spaces, per your level of membership.
- Dedicated desk and private office members may be assigned a shared mailbox if requested, based on availability.
- Dedicated members have their own “permanent” desk where they can leave their belongings.
- Private office members have their own lockable offices.
- Private office members pay a damage deposit equivalent to one month of membership at sign-up and 30 days’ notice is required to terminate office membership. A damage deposit is retained for damages that exceed normal office wear and tear including but not limited to:
- Spills on floor and stains on the walls that require professional cleaning: $125.
- Holes larger than push-pin size that have to be filled and painted on walls/ceilings: up to $500. (Please use Command removable adhesives to hang things on walls.)
- A replacement for a physical key: $25.
- Broken window or door glass: cost of replacement.
Addendum A: Canine Membership
As a canine member of I/O Spaces, you and your owner agree to the following:
- Use your indoor voice and your outdoor potty.
- Be gentle and loving to both humans and other dogs.
- Allow your owner to brush you at least once a week and bathe you regularly— especially during shedding season.
- Bring a bed, pillow or blanket to lay on while you cowork.
- Make every effort to not wander while your owner is coworking.
- Remind your owner to wash your bed/blanket/pillow once a month.
- Understand that common areas are off limits to you. (This includes the conference rooms and the break room/kitchen level and penthouse.)
- Remind your owner to vacuum your office or work space at least once a week, and more often if you are a turbo-shedder. (You know who you are.)
- Remind your owner to wash off your nose and paw prints from doors/windows once a week.
If any dog growls at, nips, bites or lunges at any other dog or human member they will be asked to stay at home.
If any member has severe allergies to dogs, canine memberships will be suspended.